Prayer as a Way of
Life with Sis. Cristy and Bro. Rolly
Custodio
Speak Out a Prayer of Deliverance
Today’s Devotion
Author Stormie Omartian grew up with a
mother who told her she was worthless. She locked Stormie in a closet because
she couldn’t ‘stand to see her daughter’s face’!
Stormie writes: ‘I was raised by a
mentally ill mother…and…her behaviour left me with guilt, hopelessness,
helplessness and deep emotional pain. By the time I was a young woman I was
still locked in – only the boundaries were emotional not physical – a deep,
ever-present pain which expressed itself through self-destruction and
paralysing fear.
Years later [with help from a
Christian counsellor] I learned that unforgiveness as deeply rooted as
mine…must be unravelled one layer at a time. One day I felt led to pray, “Lord,
give me a heart like Yours for my mother.” Immediately I had a vision of her as
a beautiful, fun-loving, gifted woman with no resemblance to the person I
knew…I was seeing her the way God made her to be, not the way she’d become.
What an amazing revelation! In an
instant I put together the pieces of her past – her mother’s tragic death…the
suicide of her beloved uncle and foster father, her feelings of abandonment,
guilt, bitterness and unforgiveness…Touching the heart of God brought such
forgiveness that when she died…I had no bad feelings. In fact, the more I
forgave her the more God brought to mind good memories…People are often the way
they are because of how life shaped them, and only God knows their history. To
enjoy everything God has for you, pray and speak out prayer of deliverance or
release and let go of the past.’ Only then can you move on.
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly
Father thank you for you Son Jesus our Lord for He is our model in prayer and
thank you for teaching us to be personal in our way of asking with you. Strengthens
me Lord that every details of my request should be directly address to you and
should ask from the bottom of my heart so that I may enjoy seeing your miracles
power and so that I will be enjoying meeting with you Lord because I believe
that you have the best plan for my life and how you will answer my prayer for
your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord
I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart
as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the
bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is the God’s Word promise in John
3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the
family of God. In order to grow your faith in God please do this consistently starting
today;1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services
Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting and
Bible Study and serve God first place with your talent and money 5. Witness Jesus to others that they may
receive salvation saved too.
For more reading:


No comments:
Post a Comment