Thursday, August 28, 2014

HOW TO PRAY (PART-02)

Thursday, 28 August 2014

PRAYER as a Way of Life by Sis. Cristy and Bro. Rolly Custodio


 HOW TO PRAY (PART-02)


‘Give us this day our daily bread.’ Matthew 6:11 NKJV

Today’s Devotion

Jesus taught us to pray, ‘Give us this day our daily bread.’ Notice the word ‘daily.’ You can’t fight today’s battles on the strength of yesterday’s bread; you must have a fresh supply. In the wilderness God’s people were only permitted to collect enough manna for one day; if they tried to collect more it rotted. It’s wonderful to talk about what God did yesterday and what He’s going to do tomorrow, but all you’ve got is today. ‘Give us this day our daily bread.’ Only as you partake of what God’s provided for you today will you be able to stand up to the challenges you face.
This prayer is an expression of faith. The very fact that you ask means you believe God’s got what you need and that He cares enough to provide for you. It says, ‘I don’t need to go to anybody else but You, Lord.’ So hang up the phone, turn off the TV, shut the door, get down on your knees, approach God in faith and pray, ‘Give me what I need for this day.’ God knows what you need, you don’t! As you partake of what He provides for you each day you’ll be able to handle whatever life throws at you.
And one more thought. When people start getting on your nerves for no apparent reason or you start having all sorts of mood swings or you begin living by feelings instead of faith it’s probably because you’re not eating right. If that’s so, it’s time to go back to your source and say, ‘Lord, I’ve come for my daily bread.’

Parallel Verses: 2 Sam 7:18 - 11:27, Luke 10:1-12, Ps 78:1-8, Pr 16:23-24

Application:

Lord starting today, I want to pray consistently and get my daily bread from your Word. Lord, I will rely on your Word every day and whatever happens to me Lord I will chose to follow and believe you and your Word are the only source to be used as my weapons to resist every temptation and schemes of the devil that I will be able to win the fight in life  for today.

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father, Thank you for your Word today. Lord thank you for teaching me to focus on prayer just for today. Lord strengthens me to put my hope in your and in your Word and chose to be intimate with your on daily basis. Lord our life is very busy but Lord touch my heart to love you and to add more time by talking and being with you. Lord empowers me to pray always without interruptions so that my soul will always be refreshed and ready to face any battles that will take any time for the day for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation                  

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:
http://scribd.com/srvtech7            

No comments:

Post a Comment