Saturday, August 16, 2014

WHY IS WAITING IS VERY IMPORTANT IN PRAYER?

Sunday,  17 August 2014

PRAYER as a Way of Life by  Sis. Cristy and Ptr. Rolly Custodio


 

WHY IS WAITING IS VERY IMPORTANT IN PRAYER?


 ‘…After waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.’ Hebrews 6:15

Today’s Devotion

When you’re praying for something, the last thing you want to hear God say is ‘Wait!’ But sometimes He does. And in order to walk with Him you must learn to be patient, because He works according to His schedule and not yours. All your praying and pleading won’t accelerate the process, it’ll just frustrate you. Furthermore, if life has indulged your every want and whim, learning to wait on God will be like going through spiritual rehab. When Abraham was 75, God promised to make him ‘…a father of many nations’ (Genesis 17:4 NKJV). But he had to wait 24 more years before he ‘received what was promised’. 

Waiting isn’t simply something you do in order to get what you want; waiting produces patience, maturity, understanding and character. What God accomplishes in you while you’re waiting is often more important than the thing you’re waiting for. ‘You need to persevere, so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised’ (Hebrews 10:36 NIV). Now, waiting isn’t an excuse for dodging reality, shirking your responsibility, or not doing the right thing. For example, if you’re up to your eyeballs in debt due to overspending, don’t sit around waiting for God to send you a big cheque. Learn to discipline yourself and adopt sound financial principles like tithing, budgeting, and doing without it until you can pay for it. Above all, waiting means making a decision to trust and obey God when things aren’t going the way you planned. It’s saying, ‘Lord, I’m counting on You and I don’t have a backup plan.’

Application:

Lord starting today, If after prayer and I did not received the answer immediately I am willing to wait for your perfect time  and as I wait I will perform the responsibility that you gave to me consistently without complaining but in my full potential with the help of the Holy Spirit. And Lord this is an opportunity to discipline myself and have self-control to wait and to see the positive results of my attitudes and promotion to level up my faith.

Parallel Verses: Ezek 31-33, Luke 3:11-20, Ps 59:9-17, Pr 14:23-24

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father, Thank you for your Word today. Lord thank you for teaching me to wait on your perfect answer regarding my prayer request. Lord strengthens me to learn to wait and have passion to serve you consistently even my prayer requests are not yet answered. Lord teach me to be a Mature Servant willing to wait on the things that I desire and your plan that you intended me to accomplish. Lord thank you that through waiting I will learn to trust you no matter what is the results because I believe that your plan for us is not harm us but to give us hope and a bright future. Lord empowers me to serve you faithfully while I am for your definite answers of my prayer requests for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation                  

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:

http://scribd.com/srvtech7            

No comments:

Post a Comment