Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Ministry of Intercessory Prayer

Tuesday, 24 December, 2013

Prayer as a Way of Life with Sis. Cristy and Bro. Rolly Custodio

The Ministry of Intercessory Prayer

‘On behalf of a man he pleads with God…’ Job 16:21

Today’s Devotion

The Bible says: ‘So Joshua fought the Amalekites…and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went to the top of the hill. As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. When Moses’ hands grew tired…Aaron and Hur held his hands up…So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army…’ (Exodus 17:10-13 NIV).

This story illustrates the power of intercessory prayer. Far from the crowd, but seen by the eye of God, are men and women who ‘hold up the hands’ of ministries in prayer. And God is looking for more of them. Charles Finney had an intercessor called Abel Clary who travelled with him wherever he went. Finney wrote, ‘Mr. Clary continued as long as I did, and he did not leave until after I had left. He never appeared in public, but he gave himself wholly to prayer.’ Finney may have impacted nations, but he didn’t do it alone.
Job writes, ‘My intercessor is my friend…on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend’ (Job 16:20-21 NIV). The ministry of intercessory prayer is:

1) A ministry of identification in which you stand with others.
2) A ministry of sacrifice which calls you away from the pleasures and comforts of life.
3) A ministry of authority, for your prayers move the hand of God on behalf of others.

Today the God Who said, ‘I sought for a man among them, that should…stand in the gap before Me for the land…’ (Ezekiel 22:30 KJV) is looking for intercessors. You can be one of them!

Parallel Verses: Gen 40-41, Jn 18:1-18, Ps 147:12-20 , Ecc 4:9-12

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father thank you for your Word today. I come before you with a humble heart today. Lord thank you for chosen me as your one of your Prayer Intercessors in our Church. Lord thank you for the answered prayer because you know our very need and we knew Lord that your eyes are upon the righteous and you order their steps. Lord empowers me to stand between the gap of my Church and my family and friends. Lord strengthen me always when I start prayer because I knew that the battle also begins as you have said Lord in your Word If enemies will come to us like a flood you will raise your and we don’t even lift our finger and see the punishment of the wicked and you will give us victory in every endeavor we did for you. Lords touch my heart that I make Prayer as a way of life ready to be used to advance your kingdom for your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior In Jesus name, Amen!. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word that He promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow gradually in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting and Bible Study and serve God first place in your life, in your talent and in your financial 5. Witness Jesus to others that they may receive salvation too.

Follow me in:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rollycustodioministries
http://prayerintercessors.blogspot.com
http://wordofhopefor2day.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/cristy.custodio.7
https://twitter.com/CmaChristy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC_ICsfdZQcCn19XOzieRQw
http://youtube.com/cristycustodio
http://facebook.com/rollycustodio
http://facebook.com/rollycustodioministries
http://invest2makewealth.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment