Saturday, February 22, 2014

Don’t Live Without Direction

Friday, 21 Feb. 2014
Prayer as a Way of Life by Sis. Cristy and Bro. Rolly Custodio



 Don’t Live Without Direction

 ‘Search me, O God, and know my heart…’ Psalm 139:23 NIV

Today’s Devotion


When you live without direction in life – it shows!
One pastor writes: ‘I’ve read many Christian authors who say that if Christ’s followers aren’t growing, it’s because they don’t make a habit of evaluating their lives…Those authors were describing me. I was always on the go, never looking deeply inside…I never did the kind of reflection that leads to growth, and I was paying the price – committing the same stupid sins over and over, living with the same heavy load of guilt. So I made a difficult decision: I decided that each day I would try to honestly assess my soul’s condition. I would look inside myself and write down what I saw…Feeling awkward and embarrassed, I started to write. “God, here are some areas of failure in my life. They aren’t going away, so I might as well take a look at them.” Or, “Here’s a relationship or habit I’m concerned about. It’s not good and I don’t know how to improve it.” …After writing a paragraph or two I would reflect on what I had written.’

There are benefits to keeping a spiritual diary of your walk with God that you can’t get any other way:

(1) It forces you to slow down and examine the effectiveness of what you’re doing.
(2) It frees you to ask, ‘Why am I doing this? How do I really feel about it? What is God saying to me?’
(3) By writing even a page a day, in one year you will have a 365-day record of prayers answered and lessons learned!

Application:

To have a direction in life we must examine or evaluate our life daily through our quiet time with the Lord by prayer and intently study His Word. Find below a navigators system to study during our quiet time and apply to ourself;
1.  Is there a command for me to obey?
2.  Is there a sin for me to forsake?
3.  Is there a promise for me to claim?
4.  Is there an example for me to follow?
5.  What does the Word says to me or New Things To learn from God?

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father thank you for your powerful Word today. Lord thank you for directing my life. Lord gives me strength to consistently do my quiet time so that I can evaluate and examine my life so that I can avoid things that are contrary to you and perform things that you want me to do. Lord empowers always to always examine my life so that I can be sure of my direction as I serve you with your plan for your glory, In Jesus Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:

http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment