Monday, 17 Feb.
2014
Prayer as a Way of
Life with Sister
Cristy and Bro. Rolly Custodio
Practice Prayer
Regularly (Part-1)
‘Jesus often withdrew
to lonely places and prayed.’ Luke 5:16 NIV
Today’s Insight
Habits
are powerful things. We form our habits, then our habits form us. So this year
are you going to stop talking about it, and make it a habit to spend time with
God in prayer each day? If your desire is to be like Jesus, you must begin to
pray regularly, for He ‘often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.’ Don’t let
the word ‘lonely’ intimidate you. Once you cultivate an awareness of God’s
presence, you’ll prefer His company to that of anybody else. Don’t let the word
‘withdrew’ intimidate you. Just shut off your TV, your computer and your mobile
phone and you’ll make a wonderful discovery: ‘…You will show me the path of
life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures
forevermore’ (Psalm 16:11 NKJV).
John
Wesley said, ‘I have so much to do that I must spend several hours in prayer
before I am able to do it.’ Martin Luther said, ‘Prayer is the most important
thing in my life. If I should neglect prayer for a single day, I should lose a
great deal of the fire of faith.’ Willian Walford wrote: ‘Sweet hour of prayer,
sweet hour of prayer, that calls me from a world of care. And bids me at my
Father’s throne, make all my wants and wishes known. In seasons of distress and
grief my soul has often found relief, and often escaped the tempter’s snare, by
thy return, sweet hour of prayer.’
When
the disciples asked Jesus about prayer, He began by saying, ‘When you
pray…’ (Matthew 6:9 NCV).
He assumed they’d have a regular time for prayer. Could He assume that about
you?
Parallel Verses: Gen 44-46, Matt 2:1-8, Ps 97, Pr 31:22-24
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly
Father I humble myself and thank you for your Word today. Lord thank you for
reminding me to pray always and to be serious in my calling. Lord as I come
before you empowers me to serve you unconditionally and to praise you always.
Lord teaches us to seek you regularly that I will be strengthen as I serve you you
so that I will not be miss out in my journey but remain faithful in serving you
for your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord I admit
I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my
personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of
your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word that He promise in John 3:16
that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal
Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God
please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible
Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting and Bible
Study and serve God first place in your life, in your talent and money 5.
Witness Jesus to others that they may receive salvation too.


No comments:
Post a Comment