Sunday, February 16, 2014

HIS WILL THAT YOU RECEIVE HIS PROMISES (PART-2)

Sunday, 16 Feb. 2014

Prayer as a Way of Life  by Sis. Cristy and Bro. Rolly Custodio



HIS WILL THAT YOU RECEIVE HIS PROMISES (PART-2)

‘No… Scripture is… of one’s own interpretation’ 2 Peter 1:20 NASB

Today’s Devotion
How not to use the Bible:

1. Take a verse at random and ignore the rest of the chapter. For example, take a running jump from a twelve storey block of flats whilst explaining to the paramedics, ‘It’s ok! My vertebrae will be just fine. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!’ If you’d bother to read the whole of Philippians 4, for example, you would see that Paul is talking about his ability to get on with the job despite trials and tribulations – not claiming to be an early incarnation of Superman.

2. Make up your own ‘The-Interpretation-I-Think-Suits-Me-Best-Right-Now’ translation: For example, Psalm 37 quite clearly says God will give you the desires of your heart. Well God, if you could transfer a wad of cash into my current account, that’d be great! Much as you may like this translation, the Psalm is actually about bringing your desires in line with His, not the other way around. (And if you stop to think about it, you probably wouldn’t have it any other way, right?) How about a passion for justice, a streak of creativity, a holy anger, a forgiving spirit? God’s promises usually end with blessing others, not just yourself.

Life Application:

Are you struggling to understand what God has promised you personally? Be brave, spend time with Him to ask what He wants of you. You might find yourself with opportunities that you wouldn’t have thought of.

Parallel verses: Heb 1-4, Matt 14:1-12, Ps 145:14-21, Pro 4:23-24

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father thank you for your powerful Word today. Lord thank you for  putting our lives in order. I believe Lord that If I put myself to honor you first before anything else you will bless me and put my life to order. Lord thank you for reminding me to align my desire with your desire so that your plans on me will never be failed and will come to pass for your glory, In Jesus Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:

No comments:

Post a Comment