Wednesday, February 12, 2014

DECIDE TO GROW IN LIFE WITH CHRIST

Thursday, 13 Feb. 2014

Prayer as a Way of Life  by Sis. Cristy and Bro. Rolly Custodio


DECIDE TO GROW IN LIFE WITH CHRIST

…In all things grow up into Him…that is, Christ.’ Ephesians 4:15 NIV

Today’s Devotion


Christian life or Spiritual growth doesn’t happen automatically. You must desire to grow, decide to grow, discipline yourself, and delight in spiritual growth. ‘But my life is just too hard,’ you say. A lot of people have had it worse than you and grown into spiritual maturity, and a lot of people have had it better and remained stuck in spiritual infancy. That’s because they doubted their ability to grow, drifted wherever the current took them, or delayed their growth, thinking, ‘I’ll get around to it when things change’. But it never happens.

Growth always begins with a decision. ‘…Follow Me and be My disciple… So Matthew got up and followed Him’ (Matthew 9:9 NLT). Matthew didn’t understand all the implications of his decision; he simply decided to follow Jesus. That’s all you need to get started: a decision.

Nothing shapes your life like the decisions you make. If you want to know what you’ll be twenty or thirty years from now, examine the commitments and priorities that rule your life. It’s at the point of commitment that most of us miss God’s best. Because we are afraid to commit to anything, we make half-hearted commitments to too many things and end up frustrated because we chose the wrong things. And when we commit to the wrong things we end up living with regrets.

Every choice has consequences, so choose wisely. Christlikeness is the result of making Christlike choices, then depending on Him to help you fulfill those choices. And He will: ‘…put on the new man which was created according to God…’ (Ephesians 4:24 NKJV).

Parallel verses: Num 34-36, Matt 13:24-35, Ps 138, Pro 4:14-17

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father thank you for your powerful word today. As I pray Lord I realize that I need to grow spiritual with you and know you more about you. Lord thank you for changing us to grow and to make us a servant that you want us to be. Lord strengthens me by your Word and allow your Word saturate in my life so that I will grow strong in my faith with you. Lord thank you for calling me and make me as your disciple and follower to serve you in your Church and to use me in the ministry that you want me to for your glory, In Jesus Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:

http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment