Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"MAKE PRAYER AS YOUR REGULAR HABIT"

Thursday, 20 Feb. 2014

Prayer as a Way of Life by Sis. Cristy and Bro. Rolly Custodio



"MAKE PRAYER AS YOUR REGULAR HABIT"
 '...Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed...'- Daniel 6:10 NIV

Today’s Devotion


Your habits either work for you or against you. Take any habit you practice, multiply it by 365 days, then multiply it by seventy or eighty years and you can write your own obituary. Simply stated: great people have great habits. One billionaire says, 'I arrive at my office at seven a.m. It is a habit.' A best-selling author says, 'I get up at the same time every day. I start writing at eight a.m. and quit at four each afternoon. I do it every day. It is a habit.' Jesus was a creature of habit. 'And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his [habit] was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day...' (Luke 4:16). Daniel prayed three times a day. His prayer life was so predictable that his enemies used it to trap him. When measured by the same standard, how is your prayer life?


       It's said that if you can do something consistently for twenty-one days you have proven that you can do it for twenty-one years. Will you slip at times? Sure, you're only human. But once you have tasted success it's hard to be satisfied with less. Jesus said, 'If you continue in my word, then you are truly disciples of mine' (John 8:31 NAS). Note the word 'continue;' it's the secret of true greatness. Your success can be found in your daily routine. If you're serious about changing your life you must stop practicing bad habits and start instituting good ones.
I advise one great habit is to practice prayer daily. When you do prayer regularly you can do things greater than what the Lord did. A the Bible says.


12 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. John 14:12 (NASB)

Application:

As Men of God we have to choose Prayer as our highest priority in our life. We should practice every day until we form a habit of prayer and when we do our daily prayer routine nothing can stop us to receive abundant blessings He has in stored for us.

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father thank you for your powerful Word today. Lord thank you for being our role model for prayer. Lord teaches us how to prayer and make prayer as our highest priority so that we can live victoriously in our life. Lord empowers me to act on prayer so that this subject is not lonely head knowledge but we are practicing prayer in our home, job and church. Lord teachers us how to pray right and consistently so that we can receive fire in our heart to always intercedes while we are serving you for your glory, In Jesus Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:

http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment