Wednesday, 19
Feb. 2014
Prayer as a Way of Life
by Sis. Cristy and Bro.
Rolly Custodio
LET’S
PRACTICE PRAYER REGULARLY (PART-3)
‘God has surely listened and has heard my prayer.’ PSALM
66:19
The Psalmist wrote: ‘If I had
cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely
listened and has heard my prayer’ (vv. 18-19). The character flaws you are
working on, and your tendency to stumble from time to time, don’t disqualify
you from God’s blessing. The sin you ‘cherish’ does that. In prayer the first
thing God will want to talk to you about is usually the last thing you want to
talk to Him about—namely, the sin you don’t want to let go of. It will actually
keep you from the place of prayer.
When Adam sinned he hid from God, saying,
‘I heard Your voice…and I was afraid because I was naked...’ (Genesis 3:10
NKJV).
Billy Graham said: ‘The Christian
should have an appetite for prayer. He should want to pray. One does not have
to force food upon a healthy child. Exercise, good circulation, health and
labor demand food for sustenance. So it is with those who are spiritually
healthy. They have an appetite for the Word of God and for prayer.
A little girl committed a certain
offence and when her mother discovered it she began to question her daughter.
Immediately the child lost her smile and a cloud darkened her face as she said,
“Mother, I don’t feel like talking.” So it is with us when our fellowship with
God is broken by sin in our lives. We do not feel like talking to Him.’ So, if
you don’t feel like praying today, it’s probably a good indication that you
need to.
Parallel verses: Genesis 50, Haggai 1-2, Matthew
2:16-23, Psalm 139:13-24, Proverbs 31:28-29
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly
Father thank you for your powerful Word today. Lord thank you for giving us
privilege to communicate with you and giving me desire to seek you more than
anything else. Lord helps me to stay away from any wicked works that I may
focus in serving your Church. Lord empowers to stay focus on prayer regularly
so that I can be refreshed and guided daily on the things that you want me to
accomplish in my daily life. Lord thank you for teaching me on the subject of
prayer because I believe that you are hearing our prayer and that we can’t
failed if we pray laboriously and consistently because you are there for your
complete support to bless for your glory, In Jesus Name. Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of
all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior
Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now
saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus
you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God.
In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting
today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services
Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God
first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness
Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.
Follow me in:


No comments:
Post a Comment