Saturday, 15 March 2014
PRAYER as a Way of Life by Sis. Cristy and Bro.
Rolly Custodio
CHANGE YOUR THINKING
‘Let God transform… by changing the way you think’ Romans 12:2 NLT
Today’s Insight
Are there things in your life that are winding you
up at the moment? A situation, a person, your church? The Bible is pretty clear
on the way change comes about – no matter what the problem is, it begins with
us. By ‘the renewing of your mind’ (Romans 12:2 NIV), we automatically become more
understanding, more patient and far wiser about how to deal with it. Sounds
easy doesn’t it? Here are a few ways that you might help to continually change your attitude:
(a) Apologise. You know that person you think you may have upset? You
probably did. Don’t wait around, be honest about whatever mistake(s) you’ve
made.
(b) View
setbacks as detours, not dead ends and see what there is to learn for next
time.
(c) Think
about who you’re listening to; keep the positive godly influences and tune
out the negative.
(d) Choose
not to complain; work on figuring out more productive solutions and
approaches. Above all,
(e) Self-control
– have some! Frustration easily leads to saying things that aren’t helpful,
tweeting or Facebooking things you shouldn’t, slating people in authority and
making on-the-spot-not-thought-out decisions. If you’re angry, take a walk,
deep breaths, calm yourself down. Don’t act until you’re calm!
Application:
Apologising is your first stop here. Ask God to
remind you of those outstanding apologies you need to make. Swallow that pride
and make them before you forget!
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly Father, Thank you for your Word today.
Lord thank you that you give me more understanding and more patience than
before. Lord thank you for changing my attitude and continues to empower me by
your love. Lord helps me to humble myself and if I hurt anybody give me
strength to apologize those I hurt and those that I quarreled and Lord surrounds
me by your Spirit of humility and humbleness and give me understanding to view
any trials as setback and strengthens me not to complain of what I am facing
right now but give me a spirit of self- control that I may not disappoint or embarrass
others but to inspire them of our attitude for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord
I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart
as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the
bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16
that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal
Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God
please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible
Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible
Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents
and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal
Life also.
Follow me in:


No comments:
Post a Comment