Saturday, 29 March 2014
PRAYER as a Way of Life by Sis. Cristy and
Bro. Rolly Custodio
NOT THE BODY IS TIRED BUT YOUR SOUL NEEDS QUIET TIME WITH GOD
‘…Let’s go
off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile…’ Mark 6:31 NLT
Today’s Devotion
Mark records, ‘Jesus said, “Let’s go off by
ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile.” He said this because there were so
many people coming and going that Jesus and His apostles didn’t even have time
to eat.’ No one had a greater assignment than Jesus, and no one was busier: not
even you! But He knew the importance of relaxation. He understood the balance
between work and rest, which is why He was able to accomplish so much in so
little time.
The more successful you
are, the greater the demands on your time and energy will be. People are
wonderful, but they can be draining. As your career and your calling grow, this
will only become more so. Renewing yourself will require constant attention. If
you don’t do this, you can be sure those around you won’t. Work hard, but play
just as enthusiastically. Schedule it. Take one day a week off and totally
relax. Focus on something other than your job. If you do that your mind will be
clearer, you’ll make better decisions, you’ll see life through different eyes,
and you’ll accomplish far more.
Application:
Stop and answer these questions: How often do you
actually schedule time for rest and relaxation? What do you do to rest your
mind at work? At home? If you had one full day all to yourself, what would you
do? If you struggle to answer those questions then you need to pray, ‘Lord,
teach me how to rest. Show me how I can turn towards You and be restored and
renewed’.
Parallel Verses: Jer 4-6, Matt 23:29-39, Ps 55:12-23, Pro 8:19-21
Today’s Prayer
Heavenly Father, Thank you for your Word today.
Lord thank you for teaching me to rest on you. Lord I admit that I am very busy
and I have no tome with you Lord. Lord thank you for reminding me to seek you
and gaze you through quiet time. Lord strengthens my soul for I am tired allow
my soul to rest in your arms. Lord thank you for restoring my soul for the joy
of the Lord is our strength. Lord enable me to always seek your and pray that I
may see your direction into my for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Prayer for Salvation
Lord
I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart
as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the
bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16
that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal
Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God
please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible
Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible
Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents
and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal
Life also.
Follow me in:


No comments:
Post a Comment