Monday, March 3, 2014

THE USEFUL LIFE

Monday, 03 March 2014

Prayer as a Way of Life by Sis. Cristy and Bro. Rolly Custodio


 THE USEFUL LIFE

 ‘The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?…’ Psalms 27:1 NKJ

Today’s Devotion

How long have you been following God for? A week? Month? Ten years? Cool. Now, think about this: how much have you developed? Write down two or three things that God has changed in you. Jot them down now.

Is it done? Now then, we’d like to put a theory forward: the longer you serve God, the bigger your understanding of Him-in-your-life definitely should be. For instance, when you first became a Christian, you might have struggled with a swearing habit. But what about two years in? If that habit has been kicked, good on you! Or, are you still struggling with some of the same old stuff, turning a blind-eye to God’s promptings to change?

Remember the God we’ve learned about in the last couple of days? The tremendous, all-powerful God? He cares enough to change you. It’s not about being perfect. It’s about allowing God to take the reins (His role) and putting effort in (your role) to give up those habits so that you can reach better things.

Hard work on your character now will pay off later. We aren’t kidding! When you begin to really give it over to God, you’ll appreciate this ‘life-to-the-full’ business even more.

Application:

Tell someone about how God has changed your life. And continue to share his love to others and to those who need spiritual refreshing. Sharing your journey will encourage others!

Parallel verses: Exo 20:16, Pro 24:28, Matt 5:33-37, Acts 5:1-11 

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father, Thank you for inspiring me by your Word. Today I choose to obey your Word and trust you in all circumstances. Lord teaches me to submit my life to you so that at all times I am ready to serve and share your Gospel (Good News) to others. Lord anoints me that I may able to stand strong against the enemy. Lord empowers me to serve you always and share your Word to others for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen

Prayer for Salvation

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:

http://rollycustodio.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment