Thursday, March 20, 2014

HOW TO LISTEN FROM GOD EFFECTIVELY

Thursday, 20 March 2014

PRAYER as a Way of Life by Sis. Cristy and Bro. Rolly Custodio

 HOW TO LISTEN FROM GOD EFFECTIVELY

 ‘…Search, and you will find…’ Matthew 7:7 NCV

 

Today’s Devotion

To hear from God you need:

(1) A regular time and place. Some prefer morning. ‘…In the morning my prayer comes before You’ (Psalm 88:13 NIV). Others prefer evening. ‘Let my …praise [be] like the evening sacrifice’ (Psalm 141:2 NCV). Others prefer encounters throughout the day. ‘Evening, morning and noon I cry out…’ (Psalm 55:17 NIV). Just find a time and place that’s right for you. ‘How much time should I take?’ As much as you need. Your time with God should last long enough for you to say what you want, and for God to say what He wants.

(2) An open Bible. Before reading the Bible, pray. Don’t go to Scripture looking for your own idea, go searching for God’s. ‘…Hunt for it like hidden treasure. Then you will understand…and you will find that you know God’ (Proverbs 2:4-5 NCV). God seems to send us messages as He did manna: one day’s portion at a time. He gives us: ‘…A command here, a command there. A rule here, a rule there. A little lesson here, a little lesson there’ (Isaiah 28:13 NCV). Choose depth over length. Read until a verse ‘hits’ you, then stop and meditate on it. Understanding comes a little at a time, over a lifetime.

(3) A listening heart. James writes, ‘The man who looks into the perfect mirror of God’s law…and makes a habit of so doing, is not the man who sees and forgets. He puts that law into practice and he wins true happiness’ (James 1:25 PHPS). We know we are listening to God when what we read in the Bible is what others see in our lives.

Parallel verses: 2 Kings 21-23, Matt 22:1-14, Ps 11, Pro 8:4-5

Today’s Prayer

Heavenly Father, Thank you for your Word today. Lord thank you for hearing our prayer. I trust you Lord that before we open our mouth you know already our prayer requests and you know already the answer. Lord helps me to be patience to wait for the answer of all my prayer requests. Lord empowers me to make prayer as a habit and as a way of life and points me out Lord when I will meet you daily and anoints me with your Word so that I can listen and act on the Word of God so that I can hold your promises to strengthen my faith while serving you in your Kingdom for your glory In Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Prayer for Salvation                  

Lord I admit I am a sinner I repent of all my sins and I receive you into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior Amen. If you mean that prayer above from the bottom of your heart you are now saved. It is God’s Word promise in John 3:16 that if you trust His Son Jesus you will not die but you will have Eternal Life. Welcome to the family of God. In order to grow in your faith with God please do these consistently starting today; 1. Pray always 2. Read your Bible Daily 3. Attend Church Services Regularly 4. Attend Prayer Meeting, Bible Study, Church Seminars and make God first place in your life with your talents and finances 5. Lastly, witness Jesus to others that they may receive Eternal Life also.

Follow me in:



No comments:

Post a Comment